About the Office of International Compliance
The Office of International Compliance supports UAMS’ commitment to complying with US laws & regulations relating to international matters, including, but not limited to U.S. export control laws.
What activities at UAMS are subject to US laws & regulations relating to international matters?
- Hosting a foreign visitor at UAMS
- Travel outside the United States
- Shipment of items outside the United States
- Foreign national participation in research activities
- International collaboration
- Acceptance of restrictions on publication, foreign national participation, or acceptance of proprietary information in research activity
- Activity involving military, intelligence, space, encryption software, or nuclear related information, technical data, equipment, or software.
- Import of certain items to the US
- Foreign gifts & foreign contracts
If you are planning to engage in any of these activities, please refer to the information on this website and contact the Director of International Compliance at 501-686-6447 or email@example.com to assist as you navigate through these regulations.